Tuesday, August 15, 2006

...here we are again

Goodness, a couple of days without posting. My enthusiasm obviously has waned, as predicted. I started with 2 or 3 posts per day, I think - and that was only last week. Although to be fair, one can blog or one can do other things - I've had some time doing other things (including reading other blogs...)

I'm taking a couple of days off work - not because I couldn't use the money, but more that after one's sixth shower having been de- and re-sealed with silicon (and various other bits of maintenance) things can get a little, well, boring is too strong a word but there are certainly few surprises left! Besides, there are lots of useful DIY and maintenance jobs at home that I can deliberately not do, rather than just not do because I'm not here!

To be fair on myself, I did have an argument with a rather prickly hedge out behind our house on Sunday, and while the hedge is now looking a smaller version of its former self, I didn't come off unscathed. Savlon is a wonderful thing!

Monday saw the first meeting of the new session for me - of a church-related nature. When Peter was born, I tried to give up a lot of things but have either been drawn back in or just not said no to some things. Already my diary's looking like it will fill up very quickly between now and Christmas (doubtless afterwards too, but shops don't seem to stock 2007 refills yet), and that's without my new placement, which will start about October, D.V.

This is to be a schizophrenic placement - on the one hand it will stand as my 3rd year ICC placement (two reports on me by my supervisor plus one placement report by me) but on the other it will also serve as my (second) Assessment placement for acceptance as a Candidate for the ministry by the CofS. I'm approaching it with mixed feelings and questions - why should it be necessary; what do I need to do differently this time; I'll enjoy it; I'll not enjoy it; how will I relate to yet another group of new people in a Christian community; what if I don't get through? However, if I am being called to the ministry (something I currently feel the need to be re-convinced about), then this seems to be the right thing to do at present. Watch this space - I have an initial meeting with my supervisor (the minister of the church where I will be placed) towards the end of this month.

No comments: